Trustee auctions are held monthly at the Federal Bankruptcy Courthouse, located at 230 N 1st Ave #101, Phoenix, AZ 85003. Auctions are held the last Friday of every month, at 8:30 am, MST (Arizona). All bids from the public will be considered. Bidding may be done in person or over the phone.
To bid by phone: Dial 1-800-356-8278, Enter Code 831482
- Auctions will be called in order of the calendar, unless otherwise noted on the day of the auction. Due diligence must be completed prior to bidding. No discussion is permitted on the phone line or in the hearing room prior to or during the auctions.
- Background noise, distractions, conversations and/or interference will not be tolerated from call-in bidders. The call-in system allows the Trustee to see the source of the interference and disconnect that particular caller without warning. If you intend to use the phone bidding system, keep your phone muted until you are actively bidding.
- At the start of each auction, the description of the property and any pertinent announcements are read. The Trustee (or lawyer) running the auctions will open bidding to the people in the room first. Once no higher bids are received in the room, the Trustee will open bidding on the phone lines. Phone bidders must first state their full name. After the trustee documents the full name, the phone bidders may bid by stating their last name only. Once bidding has ended, the trustee will request a phone number from the highest bidder, and sometimes the second bidder as a backup.
- Each Trustee has different requirements for payment. Please check the auction calendar on how to submit payment to the trustee.
- Failure to timely honor a bid placed at a trustee auction may result in a bar from future bidding and/or adversarial action within the bankruptcy case. Only serious bidders should place a bid.
- The trustee must have payment within 3 days of auction or you will lose your bid. Cashier’s check or money order will be accepted made out to : David Birdsell. You may deliver payment to our office or mail. Please call in advance if you are expecting to pick up title, bill of sale or deed so we have time to prepare these items.
Vehicle auctions follow the same procedures listed above. Vehicles are secured and stored by Avalon Auto Group. Avalon allows for public inspection of the vehicles. Inspections run from 9 am – 1 pm on the Thursday before the Friday auction, at 502 W. 3RD. AVE. UNIT #16 MESA AZ 85201. Please contact Avalon to verify hours and availability at 480-579-6919.
Storage fees. not to exceed $250 (in most cases), will apply to vehicle sales. The Trustee will announce the storage fees at the auction. Vehicles will be available for claiming after the Friday auction. Vehicles not claimed by the close of the window established by the trustee will be charged a $25/day storage fee for every calendar day the vehicle is left on the premises.
Many trustees hire auctioneers like BKAssets.com, LLC to handle auctions. Schedules of sale dates, upcoming assets, and sales history are all available at the link below.
To register for the monthly of Arizona Trustee auctions, click link below: